Alliance Microfinance is hiring an Investment Director
We are now expanding our activities and are hiring an Investment Director with project management experience.
As our new Investment Director you will be a member of the AMAS management team and will play a key role within AMAS’ strategic partnership program as well as actively contribute to the development of our new microfinance investment fund.
You will become a part of a lean and highly competent environment. With us, you will be able to make a difference!
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project management related to strategic partnerships
- Take part in developing a pipeline of potential investments, due-diligence processes and investment related negotiations
- Follow up portfolio institutions, including board representation, board committee work, follow up of Social Performance activities and results, and reporting to the AMAS headquarter in Kristiansand
- Develop and strengthen relationships with creditors and investors
- Contribute to continued development of the AMAS strategy regionally and globally
- Master’s degree within the field of business, finance, and economics or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience, preferably from bank, finance, etc.
- Project management experience
- Board experience
- Excellent language skills; fluency in English, Spanish is also preferred (but not a prerequisite)
- Business acumen
- Result oriented
- Team player
- Good networking skills
- A small, highly competent, and international working environment.
- International experience and travel (post-Covid).
- An opportunity to apply our approach, «the AMAS-way», which is developed through nearly 30-years of operations in Latin America, Africa and Asia, starting in Bolivia in 1991.
- An opportunity to contribute to economic growth and reduction of poverty in developing countries through strategic partnerships, commercial investments in and management of microfinance institutions.
- The position is based at our HQ in Kristiansand or in Oslo. Extensive travel activity is required.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact our recruitment partner HAMNØY AS advisor, Jan Tore Hamnøy, +47 411 02 200, or advisor Aase Marie Stølås Jørgensen, +47 454 72 665.
Show your interest in the position by registering your CV and application as soon as possible. Certificates and diplomas are attached to the application. All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Application deadline: 15th of March 2021 – applications are processed on an ongoing basis